Montreux International School (MIS) is proud to announce that it is the first High School globally to be approved for membership to the Institute of Hospitality (IoH).
The IoH is the world’s leading professional body for hospitality professionals with a vision to inspire hospitality professionals to perform at their very best and earn the recognition they deserve. Its Education Membership Scheme offers the hospitality, leisure and tourism departments of universities and colleges, the opportunity for students and staff to benefit from access to specialist resources and networks. MIS is now the first school in the world to join this prestigious membership scheme.
Alistair Sandall FIH, Head of Professional Development at IoH, commented: “It is with great pleasure that we welcome MIS and its students to IoH as members. MIS offers an innovative pathway into the hospitality industry and so we recognise that by providing its students with membership to IoH and all of the benefits that go with it, they can further accelerate and enhance their professional development. We are looking forward to MIS students being part of the industry’s only global professional body.”
Membership of the IoH gives our students at MIS the following benefits:
- Unlimited access to online resources including eBooks, eJournals and industry reports to help with their studies.
- Adds credibility to their CV and prepares them for a successful career in hospitality.
- Free entry to student events including the annual Passion4Hospitality event and careers fairs, featuring leading hospitality employers looking for interns and graduates.
- Free attendance at IoH webinars – hosted by hospitality industry experts and covering key topics.
- Access to a specialist librarian to answer industry queries.
- Access to the Mentor Me scheme – connecting Members at different levels in their career; bringing valuable benefits to both mentee and mentor.
- Find hundreds of hospitality jobs and post their CV on a jobs board.
- Get special student discounts on leading retail and leisure brands.
- When students graduate, they will get an invitation to join the graduate membership scheme for a greatly reduced membership fee for their first three years in employment. Along with their new qualification, students will then also have the special privilege of placing the letters AIH after their name as an Associate of the Institute of Hospitality.
Peter Slade, Head of School, said: “MIS is excited to be a part of the Education Membership Scheme with the IoH. As an IBCP school with hospitality at its heart, we know that receiving up to date knowledge and establishing networks is vital to the future success of our students within the global community.
“With its large range of online resources at their disposal our students will have access to a database normally only available at university level. IoH’s online events, webinars and ability to connect our students to potential employers internationally will help them to build a network of connections they will benefit from throughout their professional careers.”